Monday, October 29, 2012

From the mixed up files

By: Edward Van Dunk

Author:E.L.Konigsburg

fiction




         From the mixed up files of mrs.Basil E. Frank Weiler is about twokids running away from home and try to live in a museum and try to live by themselves.

The main characters are brother and sister and their names are Claudia the girl and her brother Jamie. They both wanted to leave home and they are both brave and have the same characteristics.The problem they face is not getting captured by the guards and get in big trouble. They make sure to taking care of each other.This all takes place in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

I did not like this book because it didn’t really have the fiction I was looking for. It was boring because it’s about these kids who run away from home. I thought the book would be more fun. But the book is more about them trying to find artist and learn about them. If you are the kind of person that likes a fiction mystery you should read it. You might like this book. But the book has unrealistic things in the the story that will make you chuckle like how the guard never finds them. In the beginning they want to find out the artist who made a water fountain and look at art and try to find out who made it.

If you read it and think its going to be a cool mystery book. Prepare to be disappointed because it has more fiction than anything else.

I think the characters are like the Boxcar kids because they run away from home too and that they want to find out about things too I also think that they hide too.I think the theme of the book is about how kids realize that the stuff think is paradise they already had like Boxcar kids.

Another reason you should not read it is because the book does not get to the point when I first started reading it I thought it would be about kids running away from guards but when I started reading it i got bored quickly. I kept on reading thinking the book would get better . Well never happen. The lesson that they learned was that we at they thought was paradise they already had it from the start of this book.

Why I did not like the book because it was not the fantasy I was looking for it was the things I expected the book to be a cool mystery that’s about the museum itself but that’s not what I read. They just wanted to find out the artist that made the art that does not have the a name on the art. Making it not so unreal like how guards walk right past them they just want to find out who made the art that does not have there name on it. And that all adds up to why I did not like the book.



Bye and thank you for reading my blog!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.