Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters
By Rick Riordan
Mythology Fiction
I enjoyed this book, because it has mythology. In basic chapter books, it is not all interesting, but when it comes to mythology, I can concentrate harder. Others may enjoy this book, because it is filled with action, adventure, terror, and mythological creatures. I know I would. This story is about Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, and Grover. They all have different personalities. Percy is a fighting warrior. He is brave, courageous, adventurous, and mischievous. Annabeth is smart, resourceful, and hard-working. Grover can be scared and sweet, but also brave like Percy. Here is why.
In this story, Percy had a vision in his sleep about Polyphemus (a blind, nasty cyclops), and Grover in a wedding dress. The reason Grover was in a wedding dress, was because the cyclops was very blind. The cyclops thought Grover was a woman cyclops, pretty weird, huh? The cyclops told Grover that he wanted to marry her (or should I say him). You see Grover came to Polyphemus, because he thought it was Pan. Pan is a nature god, like Poseidon (The god of water). The Satyrs adore him, but Grover was mistaken. Grover was terrified and could have ran and screamed, but did not, because Polyphemus would have killed him. That makes him brave.
One of the themes in the story was that, when you have a problem, count on your friends. I think Grover relates to Rowley Jefferson in Diary of a Wimpy Kid, because Rowley is sweet to everyone like Grover. Rowley can get scared easily, too. For example, in Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules: The Movie, Rowley and Greg were watching a horror movie called "The Foot". It was a horror movie, and both got scared easily, but Rowley was really scared. Too scared. Just like Grover with Polyphemus.
One thing, inside this book, if Grover dies, Percy dies, and Thalia's tree (the camp's magical border) is dying.They battle Lastroygiants, Bronze Bulls, and Sea Creatures. Percy gets help with his half-brother named Tyson (who is a cyclops, but Percy did not notice it, and did not think it). He, Tyson, and Annabeth have to save Grover and the camp, before it is too late.
Inside this book, is a crazy adventure filled with horror, danger, adventures, and time running out. I think you should read this book and find out yourself if Grover and all of them survive this mission.
your blog was so intriguing. i love that book for those exact reasons too
ReplyDeletecool i made one on a mthology book too
ReplyDeletesorry mithology
DeleteI read part of this book and your book buzz is so good that I think I will finish the rest of the book.
Deleteyour book recommendation was very detailed and was intresting. It makes me want to read this book now.
ReplyDelete